1. Narval; 2. Narval – me and my childhood brain injury. 2 poems on a Narval which has survived a Childhood Brain Injury (equivalent to 7 years old in humans) for the Sea Creatures Project aimed at providing hope for childhood brain injury survivors, by The Silverlining Charity for Brain Injury Survivors and their families and supporters, as well as comments on the project and on dates of future meetings
1. Narval; 2. Narval – me and my childhood brain injury. 2 poems on a Narval which has survived a Childhood Brain Injury (equivalent to 7 years old in humans) for the Sea Creatures Project aimed at providing hope for childhood brain injury survivors, by The Silverlining Charity for Brain Injury Survivors and their families and supporters, as well as comments on the project and on dates of future meetings
Memory Stick Reference: Light blue (=“Azul Claro” Memory Stick) 12 Page of D:\Silverlining\Creative Writing\Seacreatures\Friday 30-11-13-12-2024-7533
Comment: It needs to have a plot. This must include, I think, a brain injury (or actually two or many brain injuries of different types), and then various difficulties and changes, and a journey home. Then changes and reactions so it has some sort of relationship to a brain injury that quite small children who have survived a brain injury can relate to from their own experience. Remembering that they are children and still developing. Alternatively, aim it at adult brain injury survivors.
My other contributions, two poems: 1. Narval; 2. Narval – me and my childhood brain injury
1. Narval
Narval
I´m a narval
struggling for survival
Always difficult enough
Life is tough
With many a rival
Then I got injured
A blow to the head
For a while I couldn´t remember
Even whether it was May or December
Then I found there were things harder to do
Like putting on a shoe
But with some help from friends
I can make do and mend
Some things are worse
Which is a bit of a curse
But some things are better
And I´m in fine fetter
I haven´t been driven round the bend
2. Narval – me and my childhood brain injury
Narval – me and my childhood brain injury
There was a before and after,
as you shall see
With laughter on both sides
And throughout the sea
I was about seven
In human years
When amidst many tears
I almost went to heaven
I have a memory of what it was like
Not to have any disabilities
Just the normal difficulties
Now I´m feeling a bit better
In much better fetter
But, there are things I can´t do
Or which I find much more difficult
Such as writing and tying my shoe
And learning new things
As well as dealing with sounds, especially pings
I´m still growing
So not every difficulty will yet be showing
We´ll see later, when it comes to things like driving
[Note: Next creative writing session is: Friday 28 December 2024 A.D. (Anno Domini) [translation: Year of [Our] Lord] in the traditional Orthodox Christian Church Calendar and in the civil calendar on Mount Athos, Greece (aka Patristic Calendar,or, sometimes, Julian Calendar, or Old Style or O.S.); 10th January 2025 in the civil calendar elsewhere (aka Gregorian Calendar or New Style or N.S.), 7533 Church Year (Year from Adam [YFA] and the Creation of the World (The [traditional Orthodox] Church [Liturgical] New Year is on September 1/14. The [traditional Orthodox] Church New Year is on January 1/14, which is also the Feast off the Circumcision of Our Lord [traditional Jewish circumcisions of males took place on the 8th day, counting inclusively, from their birth. Hence on the 8th day of Christmas (December 25th in Jesus Christ´s case, making it January 1st in his case. Female circumcision was always banned in Judaism. Further male circumcision is prohibited under the New Covenant). Sea Creatures is Friday 4/17 January 2025/7533 (YFA).
As noted by St. Bede and other saints who wrote about these questions, the Church calendars are useful for the keeping of fasts and feasts and the noting of the regular miracles which occur on them, such as the miracle of the Holy Light (aka Fire) at Easter, and the reversing of the flow of the Jordan at Theophany (aka Epiphany) and the bathing of Mount Tabor on the traditional Orthodox Christian feast of the Ascension, and such miracles as the continued flowering of the Glastonbury thorn planted by Joseph of Arimathea on traditional Orthodox Christmas and Pascha (aka Easter). Whilst the Civil Calendar, as adjusted to reflect the earth´s orbit around the sun, is useful for the calculation of when to plant and harvest crops. The lunar cycles, as in force in Christ´s time, without modification, are essential for the calculation of traditional Orthodox Pascha, aka Easter, achieved by entering the year into the formula.
Written in their most abbreviated forms, these two sessions are, respectively: (1) Friday 28/12/2024/10/1/2025/7533 (for the general creative writing) and (2) Friday 4/17/1/2025/7533 (for the Sea Creatures session.]
Comentários
Enviar um comentário