2 poems - 1. Hatched and Despatched. 2. Are you a bland consumer of many a boring brand? Or do you prefer chilli Something silly? Memory Stick File Reference: D:/Cor de Rosa/Silverlining/General Sessions/7-20-6-2025-7533 - Friday - 12 noon - 1.04pm - Creative Writing piece 1

2 poems - 1. Hatched and Despatched. 2. Are you a bland  consumer of many a boring brand?  Or do you prefer chilli  Something silly? Memory Stick File Reference: D:/Cor de Rosa/Silverlining/General Sessions/7-20-6-2025-7533 - Friday - 12 noon - 1.04pm - Creative Writing piece 1

https://adrianwhyattcreativewritingetc.blogspot.com/2025/06/2-poems-1-hatched-and-despatched-2-are.html

Exercise 1



Hatched and Despatched

Here,

There, and Just About Everywhere



I was hatched

In Hammersmith

Then despatched

To Gunnersbury

On my mother´s knee

Then moved to Primrose Hill

For my toddler´s thrill



At five

I moved out of that hive

To Singapore

of Lore

Then at six

Upped sticks

Via Honolulu

Taking my shoe

To Pittsburgh

Avoiding any iceberg

Seeing the Pirates win

the World Series, putting the Baltimore Orioles in the bin,

onto Brussels all too brief

Then Haywards Heath

then Freshfield Crossroads

With its Bluebell steam Railway

Halt, passing through gaily

Near Horsted Keynes

For my pains

then back to London

to Kensington

Then to Rome

For Home,

On to Montréal,

Québec, my Canadian half in thrall,

Back to Campden Hill

For some more thrill

On to Greece

Three and a half years of Golden Fleece

Back to Kensington

On to Tottenham,

Then Brook Green,

If you know what I mean,

On to Fulham,

Getting out of a jam,

then to central Coimbra,

Brexiles, I´ve come to join them,

In Beira Central,

That´s almost all,

And now I am on the outskirts of this ancient capital

of Portugal,

in the village of Lôgo de Deus,

near the centre of it,

just off a little bit.



Exercise 2























































2. Are you a bland

consumer of many a boring brand?

Or do you prefer chilli

Something silly?



Are you a bland

consumer of many a boring brand,

As an eater, or do you prefer

To defer

To spices, with Mexican chilli

sending you silly!



Some like it sweet

And neat

A few like it sour

And prefer to glower



Others like it savoury

Perhaps with plenty of gravy

They won´t get much of that, if they join the navy



I like baclava

and Halloumi

































Comentários

Mensagens populares deste blogue

Could Britain Rejoin the EU? Give me your answer, do! Memory Stick Reference: D Verde : \Open Book \Scriptwriting \Own initiative - Dialogue plus brief discussion or comment back / Could Britain Rejoin the EU? Give me your answer, do

Family heirloom - the clock of doom. File Reference: Memory Stick D Verde: / Open Book / Scriptwriting / Dialogues / Family heirloom – the clock of doom

Open Book / Creative Writing / 2-15-12-2025-7534 – Christmas and Keats themes. 1. I´m the turkey lurkey 2. I´m a stocking Don´t be a-mocking. 3. All I got was a card. St. Spyridon of Tremithus´s message and warning. 4. Joys of a 60s Christmas. I´ve got a new stove. All mauve! 5. Tribute to Keats, starting with a line from a poem of his. Plus an Ode to Cunk. Of hemlock have we drunk!