Open Book - Poems of appreciation 1


https://adrianwhyattcreativewritingetc.blogspot.com/2025/01/open-book-poems-of-appreciation-1.html


Memory Stick AZUL CLARO (=Light Blue): 12 D:\Open Book\Poems of appreciation 1.rtf


At Open Book

I discovered, by hook

and by crook

At the age of 59

a talent

very valiant

To make things chime

And rhyme


Often in strange ways

I make these poetic forays


They´ve suggested I do it in some other languages I know



So, let´s have a go!


Starting with Portuguese

If you please!


Bom dia

da Ademia,

Ou mesmo perto

de ai, isto é certo


Moro em Lôgo de Deus

Numa vivenda

De três sub-prédios

com várias atividades e vizinhos pertos

Uma aldeia

Bonita, não feia

em Eiras,

União das freguesias de Eiras e São Paulo de Frades

Numa zona com algumas madres

nos arredores

com telhados

vermelhos nas suas cores

E, por agora, adeus!


Translation


Hello

From Ademia

Or, at least, from close to there

That much is certain


I live in Lôgo de Deus [literally, the Place of God],

In a villa

Consisting of three sub-buildings

With various activities and neighbours nearby


A pretty, not an ugly village, in Eiras,


In the “Union of the Parishes of Eiras [a word which means “threshing floors”] and St. Peter of the Friars”

In an area with a few mothers

On the outskirts

with the roofs

red in their colours

And for now, goodbye!


Μιλω και Ελλενὶκα

Η πρὲπει

να σου πω,

μωρο,

Αὺτο το σπὶτι μου

Να καρδὶα του

χωρο

Εὶναι

κοκκὶνο


Phonetic Transliteration:


Milow kay Ellenika

Ee prepee

Na su poe

Avto to spitee mu

Na kardeea tu horoh

Eeneh kokkinoh


Translation:


I also speak Greek too

And I have to tell you

Babe,

That this house of mine

In the heart of the

village

Is

Red


J´ai deux nationalités

Du Royaume Uni

et de Canada.

Pour maintenant, ça va.

J´ai vécu

Mon petit chou

Dans La Belle

Province,

Ma chérie,

Du Québec,

Mon mec.

Mais le froid d´hiver, parfois, c´est un échec

A Montréal, même dans le Cité.

Mais la bière de ici,

C´est très joli.


Translation:



I have two nationalities

That of the United Kingdom

And of Canada.

For now, that´s fine.

I lived

My dear friend,

In the Pretty Province,

My dear,

Of Québec,

mate.


But, the cold of the winter there, can be a challenge,

In Montréal, even in the City.

But the beer here

Is very nice.


Hablo un poco

De Español

Como un prole

Lo cual no es una locura

Y no es bravura,

Es divertido

Mi amigo cariño


Translation:


I speak a little

Spanish

Like a prole

This isn´t crazy

Nor is it bravura,

It´s fun

My dear friend



Scottish Gaelic, which I´ve started on Duolingo. My great grandfather was a native speaker


Chan eil mi à Barra,

ann an Alba,

Chan eil mi à Èirinn,

Tha mi à Lunnainn,

ann an Sasainn


Translation:


I´m not from Barra,

in Scotland,

I´m not from Ireland

I´m from London,

in England


Parlo anche italiano

e ho

um plano

da produzione

de poemas romanos


Translation:


I also speak Italian

And I have a plan

to produce Roman poems



Comentários

Mensagens populares deste blogue

Could Britain Rejoin the EU? Give me your answer, do! Memory Stick Reference: D Verde : \Open Book \Scriptwriting \Own initiative - Dialogue plus brief discussion or comment back / Could Britain Rejoin the EU? Give me your answer, do

Family heirloom - the clock of doom. File Reference: Memory Stick D Verde: / Open Book / Scriptwriting / Dialogues / Family heirloom – the clock of doom

Open Book / Creative Writing / 2-15-12-2025-7534 – Christmas and Keats themes. 1. I´m the turkey lurkey 2. I´m a stocking Don´t be a-mocking. 3. All I got was a card. St. Spyridon of Tremithus´s message and warning. 4. Joys of a 60s Christmas. I´ve got a new stove. All mauve! 5. Tribute to Keats, starting with a line from a poem of his. Plus an Ode to Cunk. Of hemlock have we drunk!