The Silverlining Charity for Brain Injury Survivors - Online Creative Writing Class Friday 6th December 2024 (civil calendar) 3 poems: 1. To know the dark; 2. A present or two; 3. How now brown owl. Memory stick address: 12/Volumes/AZUL CLARO/Silverlining/Creative Writing/23-11-6-12-2024-7533.docx

Memory stick file Reference: 12/Volumes/AZUL CLARO/Silverlining/Creative Writing/23-11-6-12-2024-7533.docx


Blogger publication address link:https://adrianwhyattcreativewritingetc.blogspot.com/2024/12/the-silverlining-charity-for-brain.html


The Silverlining Charity for Brain Injury Survivors - Online Creative Writing Class Friday 6th December 2024 (civil calendar) 3 poems: 1. To know the dark; 2. A present or two; 3. How now brown owl.


1. To know the dark


To know the dark

Is really something quite stark

The contrast with the light

Something really quite bright

Is total

As you stare out of a motel


The winter can be bleak

Though the snow can look quite chic

The cold gets into my osteoporotic bones

hurting them with its sharp tones


Sometimes its warm enough to sunbathe even now

And thus to turn brown like a cow

It can be nice and warm

With my little heater on


I´m fasting

because its Advent

With the wind blasting

I need to repent


I long for spring

And even more for summer

Because the cold can be a bit of a bummer

The fast will be over on 25th December

7th of January in the civil calendar

No meat or animal products till then

That´s because of fasting´s Zen


Divine discounts to look forward to for Christmas


Welcome Yule

Christmas´s tool

When the long fast

42 days of advent

has come to an end

I hope I will manage to send

off the celebration with a little bit of meat

Enjoy the Christmas services online

As that is what I have to combine


2.A present or two


A present or two

And lots of congratulations on the feast of the Nativity

Time to enjoy a bit of festivity

Two weeks of feasting

After the six weeks of fasting

Then Theophany

Also known as Epiphany

When the Jordan river

All of a quiver,

Wouldn´t you know,

Reverses its flow

Miraculously going up hill

Showing us when to celebrate Christ´s baptismal spill

Oh, what a thrill!


3. How now brown owl


How now brown owl

Do you scowl

Sweeping down on rodents

and rabbits

below

Which you swoop up in your show

Filling your chicks bellies with a warm glow


Back to a warm barn

To tell your larne

Helpfully supplied

By a farmer, with no rent implied

Other than keeping the vermin down

And stopping the fields turning entirely brown

Comentários

Mensagens populares deste blogue

Could Britain Rejoin the EU? Give me your answer, do! Memory Stick Reference: D Verde : \Open Book \Scriptwriting \Own initiative - Dialogue plus brief discussion or comment back / Could Britain Rejoin the EU? Give me your answer, do

Family heirloom - the clock of doom. File Reference: Memory Stick D Verde: / Open Book / Scriptwriting / Dialogues / Family heirloom – the clock of doom

Open Book / Creative Writing / 2-15-12-2025-7534 – Christmas and Keats themes. 1. I´m the turkey lurkey 2. I´m a stocking Don´t be a-mocking. 3. All I got was a card. St. Spyridon of Tremithus´s message and warning. 4. Joys of a 60s Christmas. I´ve got a new stove. All mauve! 5. Tribute to Keats, starting with a line from a poem of his. Plus an Ode to Cunk. Of hemlock have we drunk!