Goldsmiths College, London University Open Book/Playwriting/2-15-10-2024-7533 Homework for Tuesday 9-22-10-2024-7533 Monologue - Olga, a Russian-speaking refugee from the Donbass in the Ukraine, waits patiently for her bus, no. 39, the last of the day, in central Coimbra, Beira Litoral, Portugal. About 7.20pm.

Memory Stick address: 12/Volumes/AZUL CLARO/Open Book/Playwriting/2-15-10-2024-7533 Homework for Tuesday 9-22-10-2024-7533 Monologue.docx

X posting: #Playwriting #monologue - #Olga - a #Russophone #Ukrainian #refugee from the #Donbas #waiting at the #39 #bus #stop in #central #Coimbra, #Beira #Litoral, #Portugal, gets some unexpected great news.

https://adrianwhyattcreativewritingetc.blogspot.com/2024/10/goldsmiths-college-london-university.html

Scene: Olga, a Russian-speaking refugee from the Donbass in the Ukraine, waits patiently for her bus, no. 39, the last of the day, in central Coimbra, Beira Litoral, Portugal. About 7.20pm.


Olga is thinking about her situation, and has a silent monologue in her head.


Olga: I´m so happy that I´m safe.


Olga: Ya´m worried about my droogs, though, especially moyluchshiy droog, moy muzh, Sacha.


Olga: Just dve months now, i he´ll be shest´desyat. Then on can finally leave iz armii. Conscription okonshen!


Olga: Ya ne mogu wait! Ya only wish on could be here na moyem birthday, tomorrow. 


Olga: Ya only wish my daughter, Lubov, an Air Force purchasing spetsialist, could come too! 



A WhatsApp tekst arrives. Eto ot Sashi. Olga wonders if it´s good news or bad news. 


Ona looks na tekst: “Ol'ga, moya dorogaya,

My s Lyubov'yu are on the plane tonight iz L'vova v Portuthen we´ll be taking na limuzine iz aeroporta to your flat in St. Paul of the Brothers. Lubov has been appointed as Air Force attashe to the UkrainyEmbassy v Portugaliina tri years with an option of another tri godaYa´ve accepted a post as a researcher for the military attachés for shestiletnemu kontraktu which should take me through to retirement. We should then be able to get our portugal'skiye mini-pensii from having worked v Portugalii in the 1990s as well. They´ve let me come dva mesyatsa early because I´ve saved up a couple of months leave.Lyubov' ot Lyubovi i menya.


Olga, thinking out loud: “It´s going to be a real horror show for me and my best droogs!”


Key:


I: Ya

friend(s): droog(s)

my: moy

best: luchshiy

husband: muzh

two: dve

and: i

sixty [years old]:  shest´desyat

he: on

the army: iz armii

for my birthday: na moyem dne rozhdeniya

over: okonshen

can´t: ne mogu 

my daughter: moya doch'
Love: Lubov (also a women´s name)
specialist: spetsialist

Olga, my darling: Ol'ga, moya dorogaya

Lubov and I: My s Lyubov'y

from Lviv to Porto iz L'vova v Portu

[in] a Limousine from the Airport: na limuzine iz aeroporta

for my: na moyem

specialist: spetsialist

It´s from Sacha: Eto ot Sashi.

She: Ona.

Text: tekst

Attaché: attashe:

Ukrainian: ukrainy

In: v

Portugal: portugalii

For: na

Three: tri

Years: goda

Six year: shestiletnemu

Contract: Kontratku

Portuguese: portugal´skiye

Mini-pension: mini-pensii

Two: dva

Month: mesyatsu

Love to my loves: Lyubov´ A Lyubui I menya


Horror show (from horosho: good): good time.



Comentários

Mensagens populares deste blogue

Could Britain Rejoin the EU? Give me your answer, do! Memory Stick Reference: D Verde : \Open Book \Scriptwriting \Own initiative - Dialogue plus brief discussion or comment back / Could Britain Rejoin the EU? Give me your answer, do

Family heirloom - the clock of doom. File Reference: Memory Stick D Verde: / Open Book / Scriptwriting / Dialogues / Family heirloom – the clock of doom

Open Book / Creative Writing / 2-15-12-2025-7534 – Christmas and Keats themes. 1. I´m the turkey lurkey 2. I´m a stocking Don´t be a-mocking. 3. All I got was a card. St. Spyridon of Tremithus´s message and warning. 4. Joys of a 60s Christmas. I´ve got a new stove. All mauve! 5. Tribute to Keats, starting with a line from a poem of his. Plus an Ode to Cunk. Of hemlock have we drunk!