London University, Goldsmith´s College Open Book Programme - Creative Writing - Monday 17-30-9-2024-7533 pieces by Adrian Whyatt
Memory Stick Reference: 12
London University, Goldsmith´s College Open Book Programme - Creative Writing - Monday 17-30-9-2024-7533 pieces by Adrian Whyatt
X posting @Adrian Whyatt: 3 pieces I wrote today for the free online open to all London University #Goldsmith´s College #Open #Book Programme (can be used to access degree courses) creative writing class: 1. The bird and the cat in the cage. 2. I win! 3. Ruck in the back of a truck
https://adrianwhyattcreativewritingetc.blogspot.com/2024/09/london-university-goldsmiths-college.html
1. The bird and the cat in the cage
Scene: a little yellow budgerigar, Bruce, is on top of a bird cage, which a striped cat, Cathy, has managed to get herself trapped under
Cathy the Cat: Could you please grab the handle of the cage with your feet, fly up and take it up in the air, so I can escape.
Bruce the Budgerigar: I’m much too small to be able to lift up the cage.
Cathy: No you´re not. I saw a Budgerigar smaller than you do it with a similar cage the other day.
Bruce: I´ve hurt my wing.
Cathy: How did you manage such a good landing then.
Bruce: Just did
Cathy: Please.
Bruce: No, you’ll have to wait until our owner is back.
Cathy: That’s cruel.
Bruce: I saw that Budgerigar lift up the cage. You showed your thanks by eating it. You’re pregnant and have a craving for budgerigars, you said to another budgerigar who caught you doing it!
2. I win!
I win!
But what an awful din!
But, fighting a war
You don´t care what´s the score
If you´re a conscript in the Ukraine
You just don´t want a bullet in the brain
You´re a Marxist, that´s Groucho, not Karl,
You snarl!
As Groucho opines:
“War is when people who don´t know each other at all,
Kill each other on behalf of people who know each other very well.” For the cannon fodder that certainly chimes!
Well, that sure rings a bell,
thought the conscript, because for us, war is just sheer hell!
3.
He said: “From the back of the truck…”
She said: “On the night of the full moon…”
He said: “The one thing I know for sure…”
She said: “Is that I want to have a full ruck..”
My life came to be,
Thus, as you can see,
Thank you Mummy and Daddy
For your ruck
By moonlight
In a truck!
Comentários
Enviar um comentário